Best Blogger Tips

16 Feb 2011

3 Turnaround Techniques to Empower You to Control The Outcome in Every Sphere of Your Life

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Best Blogger Tips
purple turnaroundImage by bslmmrs 
I just discovered turnaround techniques from Eli Davidson's article Joan and Melissa demonstrate how to live with difficult people.

Turnaround techniques is a powerful way to empower yourself to control the outcome in every sphere of your life.

Pay yourself to pay attention works for me so I am sure it will for you as well. The objective is to get you out of your head and focussed on the present.

When I started listing my mental criticisms I was shocked at how frequently I busted people's arses during the day! I had to change that immediately.

Gradually, over time, the number of mental comments (judging) began decreasing which made me feel good. I still have my off days but I am doing good.

Eli describes the Turnaround Technique™ this way: The way to get the most value from it is to do it with some gusto. Give it a full-tilt whirl. You can analyze the heck out of it later. Now, you may feel silly, but that's okay.

If I were in the room with you, I'd encourage you to go full out anyway. In fact, I'd go full out with you. I'm happy to act like a mega goofball if it will help you let go of a little funk.

So, what is that thing that's bugging you? Go for your El Numero Uno stressor. Has work gobbled up your life? Are you caring for aging parents? Did your boyfriend just announce that a friend of yours is pregnant . . . with his baby? Whatever your stressor is: See it. Hear the words about it. Feel how lousy it makes you feel. Got it? 

That was just a taste. Read Eli's complete article on the Turnaround Technique. It contains simple instructions on how to practise this technique.

Now, for the three issues / turnaround techniques from Eli Davidson's Joan and Melissa Rivers article.


"It's Not About You" Turnaround Technique

Take some deep breaths. Stand up. Walk around. This will help you shake off your reaction. Say the word FUNKY five times to vent, and FABULOUS five times. (Sure, it sounds crazy, but this NLP pattern interrupt will help you keep your equilibrium.)

Using this strategy, you disconnect from your reaction and put yourself in the other person's shoes. As I saw with Joan and Melissa, the person that behaved badly will often apologize later.


"Everyone Has Boundaries" Turnaround Technique

Flower macro     Image by Geoff S. If you are irritated by another person, tough as it is, remember that they are doing you a favor. 

They are giving you a road map to show you where your insecurities are hiding. You can use that as a guide to what skill to build.

Here is your GPS: Every word of complaining about them is you critiquing yourself.

It's easier to give everyone more leeway when you remember, "If you see it...You be it".


"Pay Yourself To Pay Attention" Turnaround Technique

Pay Yourself To Pay Attention. Give yourself a point every time you have a negative thought or positive thought. (You can use post-its if you want to write it down.) Watch how fast you are able to have a new way of relating.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

♥Welcome to my beautiful blog! I invite your comments. All are valuable and welcome♥